By invitation only
The College and Career Readiness and Success (CCRS) Center, Georgia Association for Career and Technical Education WBL Affiliate, and the Southeast Comprehensive Center (SECC) are pleased to invite your state and district to participate in our workshop. The purpose is to convene work-based learning (WBL) teams from various states and districts to collaboratively engage in discussions on emerging practices and promote strategies for developing, implementing, and sustaining high-quality WBL opportunities for all students. Participants will engage in sessions led by experts in the field, hear about the progress and challenges other states are facing, and discuss strategies for improving WBL efforts.
- Facilitate authentic and meaningful opportunities for state and district teams to share and discuss promising work-based learning strategies.
- Provide sufficient time and facilitation support for state and district teams to plan their WBL efforts.
- Develop a sense of trust and community amongst state participants through purposeful networking and collaboration opportunities.
- Provide workshop activities to address the differentiated goals, readiness, and priorities of the participating state and district teams.
- Highlight successes and challenges of state and district practices related to design, implementation, and evaluation of WBL programs.
- Assist participants in developing and implementing high-quality WBL programs.
- Provide information related to employability skill development with millennials.
Event Dates and Times
- Sunday, September 23, 2018
11 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
(Georgia Districts ONLY)
- Monday, September 24, 2018
8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, September 25, 2018
from 8 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
(Georgia Districts end at 12 p.m.)
Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa