The regional Ensuring School Readiness Community of Practice (CoP) at the Southeast Comprehensive Center (SECC) supports state education agencies (SEAs) and other agencies (birth to third grade) to assist with early childhood (EC) efforts. The CoP includes an interactive, online site to facilitate the sharing of research and practice insights and a monthly newsletter to deepen awareness of regional and national early childhood education developments and opportunities for collaboration among states.
The SECC is continuing to provide opportunities for cross-state collaboration, problem-solving, and networking via the following:
- An interactive online site in which states can access and share evidence-based resources, practice, and insights
- A monthly online newsletter to deepen awareness of early childhood developments
- Periodic webinars in which states can participate in professional learning with experts in the field
- Increased use of and access to evidence-based resources and EC providers
- Increased collaborative opportunities between state and local EC education stakeholders to support streamlined policies, procedures, and processes on school readiness and early childhood
- Improved coordination and alignment of state-level, EC policies and practices