As part of "Educating Georgia's Future," the Georgia Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) plan, the Georgia Department of Education (GaDOE) is focusing on building the knowledge and skill of agency staff to support implementation of strategies by local education agencies. The objective is to effectively utilize a comprehensive needs assessment process for improving teaching and learning across the state. The Southeast Comprehensive Center (SECC) is providing technical assistance, facilitation, and training to support the above process.
- Development of Training on the State Comprehensive Needs Assessment
- Implementation of Support for Districts and Schools to Improve Instruction for Identified Needs
- Improved organizational structures and processes
- Improved knowledge and skills
- Increased capacity of GaDOE staff to implement requirements of ESSA plan and improved use of a consolidated needs assessment by districts and schools across Georgia