The North Carolina Department of Public Instruction (NCDPI) has initiated and expanded academic and instructional initiatives to support increased academic achievement, teacher leader effectiveness, and structural efficiencies. The Southeast Comprehensive Center (SECC) and NCDPI are refining data collection tools to continue to collect perception data from school stakeholders. Also, SECC and NCDPI are partnering closely with the state’s two Virtual Public Charter Schools (VPCS) to gather perception data, which will inform SECC’s development of draft policy recommendations to help guide the direction of the VPCS. The SECC is creating a fast response request and developing a crosswalk between NCStar school improvement indicators and AdvancED school standards to assist North Carolina school leaders with school improvement plans and procedures.
- Development of Data Collection Tools and Sharing of Expertise on Best Practices for Evaluation
- Assistance with Data Synthesis Process of the Qualitative Data
- Improved organizational structures and processes
- Improved knowledge and skills
- Greater understanding of the evaluation process, including internal planning and external processes