The Southeast Comprehensive Center (SECC) is supporting state education agencies (SEAs) to strengthen their plans for implementing college- and career-ready standards (CCRS) and assessments. Support includes access to research-based resources, emerging promising practices, and educational events (which are featured in a bimonthly newsletter). The SECC also provides technical assistance to help states refine Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) implementation plans and resources that may address needs or concerns related to assessment and accountability. In addition, SECC supports cross-state collaboration and peer learning through a regional community of practice (CoP) composed of SEA assessment and accountability staff. The CoP hosts virtual bimonthly meetings for network members to discuss selected topics of interest and concern.
- Professional Learning
- Relationship Brokering and Facilitation
- Evidence-Based ESSA resources
- Assessment and ESSA support system for Southeastern states
- Improved knowledge and skills
- Improved organizational structures and processes
- Increased capacity for implementation and improvement of an effective state-wide assessment and accountability system